With some measurable snow in the forecast, reminder, all trails are closed until we post they are open. We notify our members through Facebook, HSF website, text messages and our sno-phone. When the board and landowners feel conditions are safe with adequate base, we will open. Thanks! HSF
We’ll be cheering in the Holidays at our next meeting on Wednesday evening December 19th with a Christmas Party. Please come and celebrate with us!!
Steak Dinners will be served to registered members along with immediate family members. We ask that for each dinner, $5 be donated for the American Legion. If you’re not a member yet, then arrive early and sign up. Dinner tickets will be sold starting at 7pm followed by a BRIEF meeting at 7:30 and dinner immediately afterward.
We need to gather a head-count for the American Legion. If you plan on attending the Christmas Party, please respond to this email by December 10th. Include your name and number of people joining you.
The Hilton Sno-Flyers will also be collecting food items for the Hilton Food Pantry at the Christmas Party. We ask that members bring nonperishable food items to help those less fortunate.
The Spencerport American Legion is located at 691 Trimmer Road. Please come and celebrate the holidays season with us.
From the Board of Directors,
The Hilton Sno-Flyers are trying to raise funds to purchase a Track System for our Polaris Ranger Trail Maintenance Vehicle.
To donate, please visit – https://bit.ly/2DwWmus
As anyone who has helped to put in, maintain or take out trail knows, there are many Wet Spots and Delicate Areas, A Tracked Maintenance Vehicle Would Work Best.
We’d love to do this for the upcoming Trail work Season but don’t have the Cash Available.
We have an aggressive Goal of raising $5000 by Thanksgiving, just in time to kick off the 2018-2019 Snowmobile Season.
To Find Out More about The Polaris Ranger and the Track Assembly, Visit https://bit.ly/2xCowPw
Thank You For Supporting Our Club!
Keep up to date on Club Meetings, Trail Work Details and other important information with
Hilton Sno-Flyers text alerts
Just click the image below to register your phone to receive text message alerts from
The Hilton Sno-Flyers:
Or Text SNOFLYER to 84483
to receive Hilton Sno-Flyers Alerts
from Hilton Sno-Flyers
Message and data rates may apply.
Text HELP for help.
Text STOP to cancel alerts at any time.
For additional assistance,
For a lot of you this is second nature, but this may be of help to some of our other members, you veterans may even see something on this list you may have forgotten.
Pre-Season Preparation Check List
- Check the spring repairs list for necessary actions and take care of any problems noted
- Chassis check – Inspect track, track tension & alignment, track studs, skid frame & mounting bolts, hyfax, idler wheels & wheel
bearings, shocks & springs, steering system, skis & ski alignment, ski runners, tighten ski bolts, check all other fasteners, and repair as needed
- Engine check – Inspect throttle cables, choke cables, fuel filter, fuel line fittings, exhaust system springs, fan belt or coolant l level, spark plug wires & caps, starter rope & recoil action, remove exhaust block rags, and service or repair as needed
Check water level, charge up, and install battery
- Check drive chain tension and chain case oil level – add recommended oil if needed
- Grease all fittings – don’t forget the speedometer drive fitting under the driven clutch
- Clean faces of both clutches and install/replace drive belt – follow manufacturer’s recommendations on clutch lubrication & replace belt if 1/8-inch narrower than specification
- Add some fresh gas and run sled on jack stand to burn out storage oil in engine
- Check all lights and kill switch operation
- Check brakes for proper operation
- Install new properly gapped spark plugs
- Top off oil tank
- Add owner’s manual, tool kit, spare parts, and tow rope
- Apply new registration validation stickers
- Wash and wax snowmobile thoroughly
- Apply vinyl protectant to seat cover and soft plastics